· browse our website (www.saxon-brands.com);
· use the services available through our website, for example if you place an order, create an account, sign up to receive our newsletter emails (please note that our newsletter emails are only available to our trade customers);
· send us feedback or interact with us in connection with any of the above.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests or for direct marketing purposes. For more information about your right to object and how you can exercise it, see the section Your privacy rights.
We are the “data controller” of your personal data, which means that we determine the purposes and the means of use of the personal data we collect about you for the purposes of applicable data protection law (which includes the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 or “GDPR”).
Personal data is any information which identifies you personally whether directly (for example, your name) or indirectly (for example, information about your use of our website, products and services).
We collect the following personal data about you:
· Basic contact details: We ask you to provide us with your name, title, postal address, email address and telephone number if you purchase any products on our website. We may also collect some or all of these basic contact details if you create an account on our website, sign up to receive our marketing communications (please note that our newsletter email is only available to our trade customers), send us feedback, or contact or correspond with us;
· Payment details: We ask you to provide us with your shipping address and billing address if you purchase any products on our website. We also ask you to provide your payment card details – this information is processed by our third party payments service provider and not retained by us;
· Purchase details: We keep a record of your purchase history, including the date, time and value of each purchase;
· Account login details: If you decide to create an account on our website, we keep a record of your account login details (such as your username) in case you need reminding of these in the future;
· Information you provide through correspondence and feedback: We collect any additional personal data that you may provide to us from time to time if you contact us by email, letter or telephone, through our website or by any other means. In addition, we collect any additional personal data that you may provide to us if you send us feedback. If you contact us by telephone, we may also record the call for training and service improvement purposes, and make notes in relation to your call;
· Information provided by our third party analytics providers: We may combine information you have provided to us with additional information shared with us by our third party analytics providers, where we both have a lawful basis to do so.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To process your orders and returns
We use your personal data to process any orders and returns you make in accordance with our terms and conditions.
To manage and administer your account
If you create an account with us, we use your personal data to identify you as a new or returning customer, and to manage and administer your account. This includes keeping a record of your account login details (such as your username) in case you need reminding of these in the future.
To communicate with you about your orders and the services we provide to you
To deliver relevant marketing to you (please note that our newsletter is only available to our trade customers)
Our marketing communications
Where you have given your consent or where we have a justifiable reason for doing so (and are permitted to do so by law – see further below), we will use your contact details to send you marketing communications by email and post about Saxon products that we think may be of interest to you (please note that our newsletter emails are only available to our trade customers).
You can unsubscribe or opt out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by:
· getting in touch with us using the contact details set out in the section How you can contact us below;
· using the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails.
If we collect your contact details in the course of you purchasing any products from us, provided you have not opted out, we are permitted by law to send you emails about similar products we offer (please note that our newsletter emails are only available to our trade customers). We may also send you post. We will always give you the option to opt out of receiving this information from us at the time we collect your contact details. Even if you don’t opt out at that stage, you can always choose to opt out at a later stage by following the steps above.
Email interaction technology
To manage, administer and improve our website
We also use the information we collect about you based on your use of our website and services to:
· manage and administer our website and for internal operations, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and statistical purposes;
· improve the products and services we offer you through our website;
· help ensure that you get the best from our website by making it as easy and intuitive as possible for you to use;
· help keep our website safe and secure;
· make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about products or services that may interest you or them; and
· measure and understand the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, and deliver relevant advertising to you.
To respond to communications or enquiries from you, and address complaints and disputes
We use the personal data we hold about you to help us respond to any enquiries or complaints you have made, or address any dispute which may arise in the course of us providing our products to you.
Please note that if you contact us through a social media platform, please see the privacy statements of the social media platforms you use for details of how they use your personal data, who they share it with and how you can manage your privacy settings with them.
To conduct market research
We may invite you to be involved in market research. If you accept our invitation, we will use your feedback to improve our website and the products and services available through it. If you tell us that you don't want to be contacted for this purpose, or you don't accept our invitation, we will respect this choice and it won't affect your ability to access and use our website or interact with us in other ways.
To provide other services requested by you from time to time
We process your personal data to provide any other services requested by you from time to time, as described at the time we collect the data.
To maintain our records and improve data accuracy
We process personal data in the course of maintaining and administering our internal records. This includes processing your personal data to ensure that the information we hold about you is kept up to date and accurate.
To comply with our legal obligations and to detect, prevent and investigate other actual or suspected violations of law or misuse of our website
In certain circumstances, we use your personal data only to the extent required in order to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, prevent and investigate fraud or to facilitate the exercise of your consumer rights. In addition, we may need to use your personal data to detect, prevent and investigate any other actual or suspected violations of law or misuse of our website.
Applicable data protection law requires us to only process your personal data if we satisfy one or more legal grounds. These are set out in law and we rely on a number of different grounds for the processing we carry out, depending on the purposes of the processing. These are as follows:
Necessary for the performance of a contract and to comply with our legal obligations
Much of the personal data we collect about you is necessary for the performance of certain contracts between us. This includes most of the information you provide to us when completing transactions with us, or creating an account on our website, in order that we can comply with our terms and conditions for the use of our website, for the sale of our products and for the operation of any competitions.
In certain circumstances, we also use your personal data only to the extent required in order to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, prevent and investigate fraud or to facilitate the exercise of your consumer rights.
Necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests
It is sometimes necessary to collect and use your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests as a business, which are to:
· provide our customers with products that are as useful and beneficial as possible, including by personalising our contact with customers and telling customers about special offers and promotions that we think might be relevant to our customers and their interests;
· informing customers who purchase any products from us of similar products and services we offer (provided they have not opted out of this);
· develop and improve our website to enhance the customer experience;
· safeguard the security and effective operation of our website;
· better understand our customer base by engaging with customers and conducting research into, and analysis of, how customers interact with us and use our website so that we can improve the website as well as our product range, marketing activities and communications (all of which could also benefit you); and
· ensure effective operational management and internal administration of our business, including in relation to document retention, compliance with regulatory guidance and exercise or defence of legal claims.
Please note that where we wish to rely on this legal ground, we are required by law to conduct balancing tests to determine whether our legitimate interests are overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms. We may continue to process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests only if we determine that your interests, rights and freedoms are not overridden by our legitimate interests.
We have considered these matters and where we think there is a risk that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms may be affected we will not process your personal data unless there is another legal ground for us to do so (either that we have obtained your consent to the processing or it is necessary for us to perform our contract with you or to comply with our legal obligations).
In certain limited circumstances, we also process your personal data after obtaining your consent to do so for the purposes of:
· sending you marketing communications about Saxon products, special offers, and promotions, (unless we have a justifiable reason for sending you marketing communications without your consent, and are permitted to do so by law, as explained in the section How we use your personal data above); and
· collecting market research data.
You don’t have to provide your consent, and can withdraw it at any time.
We may from time to time need to disclose your personal data to third parties in order to provide you with our services and ensure the effective operation of our website. The providers of such services are granted access to certain personal data to the extent necessary for them to perform the services that we request. Any personal data that is processed by third parties must be processed in accordance with applicable data protection law and subject to contractual obligations, including regarding security and confidentiality. The third parties are:
· Web Preference Ltd, which hosts our website and collects your online sales order data on our behalf;
· Sage Pay Europe Limited, which processes your online sales order payment data our behalf;
· Maxx Design Limited, a marketing service provider, which assists us with our marketing activities, including sending you email marketing on our behalf;
· Real Print Management Limited, a marketing service provider, which assists us with our marketing activities, including sending you postal marketing on our behalf;
· DPD, which help us deliver our products to you on our behalf;
· Tuffnells, which help us deliver our products to you on our behalf;
· IP Integration Ltd, which provides us with online backup of network stored data off site
We may also disclose your personal data:
· if we buy or sell any businesses or assets, to the buyer or seller (or prospective buyer or seller) and/or their advisers; and
· if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our customers or others. This includes, in specific cases, sharing information with law enforcement or regulatory agencies, or authorised third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or actual or suspected violation of law, misuse of our website or breach of contract that may expose us and/or any customer or third party to legal risks or liability.
Additionally, where you have consented to cookies we allow third parties such as Google to set Google Analytics cookies on your device to assist us with the improvement and optimisation of our website. Google Analytics cookies collect information such as items clicked on, web pages viewed and any web pages where users are encountering download error messages from time to time.
Please contact us if you would like more information about the countries to which your personal data is transferred and the specific safeguards that are used to protect your personal data when it is transferred outside the EEA (see How you can contact us).
We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected. What this means in practice will vary between different types of data. When determining the relevant retention periods, we take into account factors including:
· legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
· statute of limitations under applicable law;
· the warranty period for any products you have purchased from us;
· potential or actual disputes; and
· guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your personal data from our systems when it is no longer needed.
The table in this section below explains what rights you have with regard to your personal data. These rights are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions and qualifications.
For more information about your rights or if you would like to exercise any of your rights, you are welcome to contact us using the contact details set out below under How you can contact us.
Please note that if you ask us to stop using your personal data in a certain way or erase your personal data, and this type of use or personal data is required by us in order to facilitate your use of our website or services in any way, you may not be able to use our website or services as you did before. This does not include your right to withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us, which you can do so at any time without restriction.
What does this mean?
You have the right to require us to rectify any personal data that we hold about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us if you believe that any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete. If you have an account with us, you can also view and update your basic contact details at any time by logging into your account on our website.
This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the erasure of the personal data that we hold about you where:
This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions. For example, we have the right to continue using your personal data if such use is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You have the right to restrict further processing of your personal data where:
You have the right to object to processing in the following circumstances:
If you have given your consent to us to process your personal data for a particular purpose (for example, to send you marketing communications), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that any processing of your personal data up to that point is unlawful).
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data or believe our processing of your personal data does not comply with applicable data protection law. The contact details of the ICO are set out below.
If you would like to exercise your privacy rights or if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data, please contact us by:
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any enquiry or complaint or believe our use of your personal data does not comply with applicable data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by:
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16. If you become aware that your child or any child for which you have parental responsibility has provided their personal data to us without your consent, please contact us using the contact details set out above under How you can contact us.
Design by Saxon Brands